Here is way to create zip and unzip recursively. For this, You have to install zip and unzip installation packages with following commands in terminal. Open terminal by pressing
Ctrl + Alt + T.
sudo apt-get install zip // to install zip command packages. sudo apt-get uninstall zip // to Unistall unzip command package.
Create a zip file :
Go To the path of that folder which you have to make zip and run following command to make a zip file.
zip -r zip-file-name.zip directory-to-compress/
- zip : This is the application name, which we are using to create zip file.
- -r : For recursive
- zip-file-name.zip : Name of result zip file name.
- directory-to-compress/ : Name of the directory which we want to compress.
You can add more than one directory in single archives by following command :
sudo zip -r zip-file-name.zip directory-1/ directory-2/
There is no need of
-r (recursive) option for single file archive.
sudo zip a2bizz.zip a2bizz.php
Following command will help you to unzip a file.
sudo unzip a2bizz.zip -d destination_dir/
- sudo : super user
- unzip : This is unzip application, which is using to extract a zip file.
- -d : Shorts for destination
- destination_dir/: This is the directory where you want to extract files.
You can also use
unzip a2bizz.zip to extract data on same dir.