Magneto supports a developer mode.
This is intended for internal development on a system already secured. During customizing the Magento Software, you should run magento software in developer mode. It shows exceptions on screen instead of showing a generic error message like “There has been an error processing your request“.
In Developer mode :
- Static view files are not cached, they are written to the Magento
pub/staticdirectory every time they’re called
- Display uncaught exceptions in the screen.
- System logging in
- An exception is thrown in the error handler, rather than being logged
Here is following way to setup developer mode :
1. Add below line in index.php
$_SERVER['MAGE_MODE'] = 'developer';
2. Run following command in terminal/command line :
bin/magento deploy:mode:set mode=developer